Today’s MC! Gent focus is Jimmy Jean-Louis.
Jimmy Jean-Louis is a Haitian-American actor and producer, born August 8, 1968 in Pétion-Ville, his journey in acting started when he moved to Paris at the age of 12 with his family in search of a better life.
Jean-Louis is married to his wife, Evelyn, and they have three children.
He’s famous for staring as ‘The Hatian‘ on the NBC television series Heroes and more recently as ‘Prof. Lucien N’Dyare’ in the movie Citation.
From a young boy growing up in Haiti, living with no electricity or running water, my journey to Hollywood has been rich with experience. I take little for granted and appreciate the beauty of life, knowing that there is so much more to learn.Jimmy Jean-Louis
His most notable award was winning BEST ACTOR at the Pan African Film Festival and a nomination for BEST ACTOR for his character in “TOUSSAINT LOUVERTURE at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2012.
Hre are 5 things you may not have known about Jimmy Jean-Louis:
• Jimmy finished school with a degree in Business, but without a permanent home it was the night clubs of Paris which kept him off the streets.
• He landed his first job, a Coca-Cola commercial, when he was spotted dancing in a club.
• Jimmy worked for 3 years in a musical theater in Spain “La Belle Époque” before embarking on a successful modeling career in France, Spain, Italy, South Africa, New York and England.
• He is fluent in five languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Creole.
• Jimmy is a passionate humanitarian and big supporter of social causes and charities. He’s also the founder of Hollywood Unites For Haiti, a non-profit charitable aid organization whose original mission was to provide sports and cultural education to underprivileged youth on the island.