We are aware that the harmattan season is back in full force and it’s that time of year when it rains ashy feet.
No jokes. It’s raining ashy feet this season.
Ashy feet are not the best sight to behold, plus they aren’t healthy. So, the harmattan season isn’t a reason to let your feet look like you are one of the winter soldiers because, unlike the rest of the body, the foot is made of naturally thick and dry skin.
The feet lack oil glands, they rely on thousands of sweat glands to keep them moist always. The feet might become dry for a variety of reasons, but they fully dry out during the harmattan. The fundamental reason for this is that during harmattan, there is a lack of humidity and moisture in the air. While some people are satisfied with walking around with their feet as ashy as they are, others are concerned and unsure of what to do.
We are here to help. We have got a few tips to help you get rid of ashy feet this harmattan.
Here are 5 ways to keep ashy feet at bay:
- Wash and moisturize your feet: It is always a good idea to keep your feet clean. Because our feet are dry and it takes hundreds of sweat drops to make them sweat, the best thing to do is to wash them. After you’ve washed your feet, moisturize them to make them look beautiful, appealing, and smooth.
- Exfoliate your heels: You don’t have to wait until your heels are cracked to exfoliate. Scrub your heels with a pumice stone in the shower a few times a week to prevent cracked heels. You can also try using foot scrubs. Your heels will stay soft, smooth, and crack-free if you maintain a consistent foot care routine.
- Use oils rather than lotion: You should also invest in a good oil-based foot cream to help seal in moisture and prevent cracks. If you want more natural things, mango butter, shea butter, and cocoa butter are alternatives that you can use.
- Wear socks to bed: Socks help to prevent dry feet not only during the harmattan season but also after washing and moisturizing them. This helps to speed up the moisturizing process and gives your feet a much softer and smoother feel in the morning.
- Avoid rubbing or scratching the feet: To achieve a smooth and clear look, it is important to prevent rubbing or scratching the feet. When the feet are scratched, they appear rough and unappealing.
What are your thoughts? Please feel free to add any skincare recommendations you may have.